Mott Hall Science and Technology Academy strives to support a well-balanced life for each one of our students. As part of the physical well being of our students, our school has had a boys junior varsity and varsity basketball team for the past five years. Coached by Mr. Goffman, a former All Star coach, these teams have sent student athletes to New York City All-Star games and have consistently reached the playoffs. In addition, our boys’ junior varsity team has made it to the Elite 8 the past two years. Three years ago, we added a boys varsity baseball team who reached the playoffs the past two years. We are excited to announce the addition of a girls basketball team for the 2016-2017 season!
The basketball season typically begins early September and ends in March and the baseball seasons begins in April and ends in June. All student athletes must:
- Maintain at least a 75% average in all classes.
- Have good attendance
- Be a model member of the Mott Hall community
The specific requirements for each team are as follows:
- Boys’ Junior Varsity Basketball Team: 6th and 7th grade students
- Boys’ Varsity Basketball Team: Students from all grades
- Girls’ Varsity Basketball Team: Students from all grades
- Boy’s Varsity Baseball Team: Students from all grades
If you have any questions about these teams, please reach out to Coach Goffman. Let’s go Mott Hall!